Emmanuel Episcopal Church was organized October 17, 1863 and was admitted as a Parish the following year. It is the 12th oldest Parish in the Diocese. The first services in the original chapel were held in October 1866 in the building known today as the Reverend Donald M. and Lucile W. Gury Parish House, which adjoins Emmanuel Church.
A total of 23 Rectors have served the parish. The Reverend Gretchen Weller, our most recent rector, retired in September 2013 after serving since 2009.